The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't know about these with the child seats built in, but two comments:
1) I wouldn't think that built-in automobile seats would "expire" in the same time frame as aftermarket seats, as the straps are very likely connected directly to the steel seat frame, not some ABS plastic deal. (Also, these weren't considered infant seats, were they? Just booster seats for children over a certain weight, like maybe over 40 lbs, as I recall. Infant seats always face the rear.)
2) I don't know if there would be interest in this seat (with the booster seats built in), but the width of that 2nd row bench seat is perfect for use in cars of the early 30's. (That's where the 2nd row seat out of my 93 T&C went - to my brother, for his 31 Plymouth roadster.)

One more thing. I eventually scrapped the seat tracks from the wider 3rd row seat, which my son kept as a "couch", but I now wish I still had them, because I might have been able to use them in my 46 Plymouth front seat. I want to install 3-point seat belts, but the track on the stock 46 seats is not built for the stress it would experience in a crash, and I don't want to butcher the seat in order to bolt the seat belts to the floor behind the seat, because the seat has a foot rest built into the back for back seat passengers, and the bolt points would also be way out in the foot space.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Where are you located?
(I could check with some others who have roadster project cars, if you are close to some people I know. It might also be that someone has a 'normal' one for that purpose, but the seat bottom is in bad shape due to spills or the normal wear & tear of use. It might also be possible to easily rebuild the seat back as a 'normal' one. The one I gave to my brother has leather covers, but he will probably redo it eventually, to match the color he wants.)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Too far for anyone I know of that might have been interested. (My oldest brother, who has a 32 Plymouth project car, used to live in that area, but moved to KC, MO area this year.)
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts