The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
These have no plastics to get old like normal child seats, they don't "expire" unless of course a belt is fraying or the latches are questionable.

To your question, they are not desirable. I've had a perfect condition set in red like yours sitting in my shed for a long time now. Even at free, there aren't enough 2nd gen owners around that need seats to want them.

I'd stick them away in your garage/basement/shed and keep them covered in case you ever decide to sell the van. Having all rows of seats in good condition is important to most people buying these vans.

Reactions: Neto

·
Registered
411 Posts
the clips on the bands are made of metal?
The ones on the seat I have are. All the internal components are metal, it's just the covers on the clips that are plastic.
Same as most good car seats.

The reason car seats need to be replaced is because the plastic of the seat itself becomes brittle.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I appreciate all the replies. Unfortunately I don’t have a place for these and will be disposing of them. I’ll hang onto the 3rd row for now. At least those fold down and store nicely.
Slide the 3rd row into the 2nd row position, then dump the 2nd row seat. Then you open up a good cargo area in the rear, while retaining seating for 5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts