The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I’m looking for feedback regarding a few replacement parts for my van. This is a small fraction of what I’m accumulating for a massive rebuild of my ‘93 GV/3.3L. Approaching 1,500 in parts(!). My main source is RockAuto. Haven’t been able to find better prices elsewhere.

Please comment on any or all of these. I’m trying to round up better quality parts without breaking the bank. Looking to hit 300k or more with this van! (Currently @ 145k)

• FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS / the current general selection anywhere I can find is not confidence inspiring, at all. Anybody have a link to something better than rebuilt ‘maybe ok’ units? I often drive through the steep Rocky Mountains with decent weight in the van. The new pads and rotors are premium heavy duty.

• HEATER CORE & RADIATOR / is anything available besides the generic names? I’m somewhat OK with a basic radiator but the heater core is not something I want to replace again anytime soon considering how much work is involved.

• ENGINE & SENSORS / what is the general consensus regarding fuel injector’s life span? I planned on replacing O-rings regardless (cause the intake manifold gasket will be replaced). Would be nice to have all new injectors. I’m also curious how engine management sensors hold up on these engines... Crank / cam sensor, throttle sensor, etc. A full tune up will be done including a new NGK coil pack and premium wires. New alternator too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up ordering some Raybestos semi-loaded brake calipers. Also grabbed 6 new injectors. Couldn’t pass them up for the price.

Still looking for a high quality heater core.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts