The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help_wsigWorking on an 01 T&C that had door unlock issues and ocassional non-start issues. I replaced the BCM with a used one with exact same part number. The van started up initially and ran for a while. Next time, it wouldn't start, with the anit-theft activated, info center light flashing, etc. Tried locking and unlocking both doors with the key, with no positive result, Tried disconnecting the battery, letting it sit overnight, touching disconnected battery terminals together, all to no avail. This van did not have a transponder key, and a duplicate key made at Home Depot started it previously with no problem. Now I cannot get the anti-theft system turned off and van will not start with either the old or the new BCM. Help !!! :confused:

·
Super Moderator
25,808 Posts
Aftermarket system?

·
fix it if you can
5,303 Posts
Aftermarket system?
Unlikely, it's probably Sentry gen 1 system from the donor van BCM - the PCM received a signal from this 'new' BCM (on first start), 'learned' to look for "authorised" message and is now looking for "valid key" message from BCM (which never arrives, since there's no transponder chip or module)...

solution is to pack your wallet and run to the dealer or look for the SKIM and key from (paired to) donor van. (or a whole new set of BCM + PCM from a van with no immob and find someone to reprogram VIN#)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Several mechanics told me the used BCM should be plug and play, but I will try getting it flashed with the VIN# and see if that works...

·
fix it if you can
5,303 Posts
Now that your PCM (ECU) 'learned' to look for sentry key validation, changing vin# whon't help it...
You need both BCM and PCM to be free of immob components - both need to be reprogrammed for it to start.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problem swapping just the bcm. I got the pcm from the junkyard and had to go back and get the pcm from the same vehicle for it to run. The mileage was from the donor van but at least it runs, might be able to get it flashed with original van vin #

1 - 9 of 9 Posts