The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all,

I’m back with the car with endless problems!

Late last month we had a bad MAP, bad IAC valve, and a dirty throttle body all at once. Replaced the MAP two weeks ago, and yesterday I replaced the IAC and deep cleaned the throttle body with TB/intake cleaner. We also used seafoam last month and I used it again today.

The outstanding issue is in the title. Check engine light is on. When car is cold started, the RPM is low and bouncing below 1 and car is shaking a bit. After I rev it to about 1.5-2, it bounces between about 1-2, then calms down and rests at its normal rate just below 1.

While driving, when I’m on a flat highway for example and feeding it gas at a consistent speed, it’ll suddenly start bucking. Like I’m hitting the littlest of speed bumps. Stops when I let off the gas.
Alternatively, sometimes I’ll be driving and feeding it gas with no issue, but when I take my foot off the gas, it bucks/shudders. Otherwise, it drives fine. RPM twitches at idle once warm but that’s it.

I’ve gotta go get the codes read again tomorrow, because it did have a fuel injector code but I can’t remember which code or which injector, and I don’t know if that particular problem went away or not. But I’m between these three things:
1. Bad fuel injector or multiple injectors (obvs)
2. Bad TPS (it looked fine and I carefully cleaned it)
3. Bad IAT sensor
4. A mix of above or something else

Regardless of what I have to replace, do y’all know if any of these HAVE to be Mopar? I’ve got a Limited and it refused to take a Denso brand IAC valve—had to buy Mopar.

Also, I know about using the bleeder valve for the fuel to depressurize, but how does one repressurize the system (if fuel injectors have to be done)?

Much thanks :’)

·
3rd gen > all others
4,110 Posts
Instead of fuel injectors, if the van in a 2001-2004 it could be a shorting fuel injector wire harness. There is a pinned thread at the top of this section all about that.

I've never had a fuel injector go bad, even with two vans over 210,000 miles.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, you were totally right! They’re melted. I saw that post floating around but wasn’t quite sure so I made my own post. Thank you.

I wiggled the wires to check them, and ironically it helped the car—low power on some acceleration but it’s not bucking at all anymore.

To fix it, I’m buying this to trim the melted/burned parts out and repair them with the crimps/heat shrink.

This is the video I’m using as a reference (but as opposed to them I’m going to add heat protection).

Instead of fuel injectors, if the van in a 2001-2004 it could be a shorting fuel injector wire harness. There is a pinned thread at the top of this section all about that.

I've never had a fuel injector go bad, even with two vans over 210,000 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts