The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had much luck posting this issue in the "Owner Programmable features" sticky, so maybe here will be more visible.

The procedure in the owners manual for enabling Auto Unlock does not work on my 07 T&C Touring (with power doors and tail, if that matters.)
Auto Lock works fine, and can be enabled and disabled using the owners manual procedure.

Has anyone been successful in enabling Auto Unlock using any programming method? I would like to avoid a $50 trip to the dealer, especially since it is supposed to work using the key dance as the manual says.

I have an 05 service manual, but it is not helpful for this issue.

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
I can't help. Neither of my 4th generations automatically unlocked the doors.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I think there is another thread somewhere here about the auto-unlock feature. The answer, as I vaguely recall is one of the following two things:
  • You cannot program the vehicle to automatically unlock
  • You cannot program auto-unlock unless your vehicle is equipped with an EVIC
I can't remember which of these is the answer (but I think Jason--Hokiefyd--may know off the top of his head. He is younger than I am and has a better memory, and I think he participated in the previous thread).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The owners manual says Auto-unlock can be programmed using EVIC, which I don't have. However, the it also says it can be programmed by doing the key dance to enter programming mode, the same as programming Auto-Lock. It doesn't mention that EVIC is required (not that that means anything, of course.).

cbwilsha, how do you know EVIC is required? I may find an EVIC in a junkyard if I have to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
From my 2005 SWB T&C Owners Manual: "The Auto-Unlock feature can be enabled or disabled by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information System, customer programmable features section ON VEHICLES SO EQUIPPED." Those last caps are mine! What part of "ON VEHICLES SO EQUIPPED" don't you understand?

I was really pissed when I got home the day I bought the van (which I ordered from the factory) and found that I couldn't make auto-unlock work. That was in late 2004 and I've tried everything over the years to find a way to turn it on but no luck.

C.B.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The owners manual says Auto-unlock can be programmed using EVIC, which I don't have. However, the it also says it can be programmed by doing the key dance to enter programming mode, the same as programming Auto-Lock. It doesn't mention that EVIC is required (not that that means anything, of course.).

cbwilsha, how do you know EVIC is required? I may find an EVIC in a junkyard if I have to.
The manual for a 2007 T&C is available for download from chrysler.com. It says:

Auto Unlock On Exit Programming — If Equipped
The doors will unlock automatically on vehicles with power door locks if:
1. Enter your vehicle and close all doors.
2. Fasten your seat belt (fastening the seat belt will cancel any chimes that may be confusing during this programming procedure).
3. Insert the key into the ignition.
4. Within 15 seconds, cycle the key from the LOCK position to the ON/RUN position a minimum of four times ending in the LOCK position (do not start the engine).
5. Within 30 seconds, press the driver’s door lock switch in the UNLOCK direction.
6. A single chime will sound to indicate the feature has been changed.
7. Repeat the above steps to alternate the availability of this feature.
8. If a chime is not heard, program mode was canceled before the feature could be changed. If necessary repeat the above procedure.
The Auto Unlock On Exit feature can be enabled or disabled by performing the procedure in the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), Customer Programmable Features section on vehicles so equipped.

I think the first reference to "if equipped" is if equipped with power locks. This is the same way it's programmed on my 2008 (without EVIC) .

The 2005 manual reads as cbwilsha noted but you said you have a 2007 which seems to be different.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Monza, you beat me to it, I was about to post that exact part of the manual. It does appear that 05 is different from 07 in this respect.

I do know what "on vehicles so equipped" means.

Anyone who has an 07, can you try the procedure Monza posted and let us know what happens?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts