The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '07 twc 3.8 and I have thrown alot parts at it finally made some sort headway until recently. from a cold start
it's a hard start and rough idle and then it throws p0300 code after first initial start,it will run fine with no issues until it sets a minimum 10 mins and it will do it a again. I have a scan tool ,so I erase the code and start it up again and go on my way. It drives great no hesitation or stumble no misfire, nothing...I changed injector harness and cleaned and replaced some of the injectors. did the switching plugs and wires thing, and it still does it. It starts up like it's getting to much fuel or not enough spark. I don't have access to a diagnostic computer nor do I have funds to have a tech do diagnostics on it.
So has anybody else have this problem? and and how was it resolved if it was, please let me know . this vehicle has 257000 miles but it runs strong. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Drivin' Maniac
2002 Grand Caravan ES 3.8L
2,232 Posts
You didn't mention checking spark plugs. Have a look at them, especially the rears, and check gap.

The recommended Champion Double Platinum have the little 'pucks' that can fall off the electrodes, and that will usually create cold misfires.

Also, the coils can fail.

·
Registered
837 Posts
The description makes me wonder about the fuel pump as a possible source of the problem???

Multiple cylinder mis-fires with no specific cylinder code being thrown...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replying so soon, To answer about lifter noise, yes some lifter noise,haven't done a compression check as of yet,but its on the list.Yes ,I have inspected and changed plugs and wires, Mopar favors champion spark plugs so thats what I use. threw a new coil still same, took the coil pack off my wife's 06 caravan and installed it, no difference. I was thinking maybe ecm or fuel pump and / or fuel regulator which is on the pump. As soon as the north wind stops blowing
I'll check fuel pressure again, I've done it once already it held at 50lbs for 20 minutes, but Later I found spec pressure listing at 58lbs + or - 5 lbs . I want to recheck that , it could be the problem. Thanks again for input.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
975 Posts
Thanks for replying so soon, To answer about lifter noise, yes some lifter noise,haven't done a compression check as of yet,but its on the list.Yes ,I have inspected and changed plugs and wires, Mopar favors champion spark plugs so thats what I use. threw a new coil still same, took the coil pack off my wife's 06 caravan and installed it, no difference. I was thinking maybe ecm or fuel pump and / or fuel regulator which is on the pump. As soon as the north wind stops blowing
I'll check fuel pressure again, I've done it once already it held at 50lbs for 20 minutes, but Later I found spec pressure listing at 58lbs + or - 5 lbs . I want to recheck that , it could be the problem. Thanks again for input.
The PVC system on these vans are awful. The P0300 shows up on higher mileage engines when the valves get gunked up. Have you done a Seafoam treatment in a while? If not, it may be due for one.

I just run the Autolite single platinum. Nothing fancy. I hated Champions since my old van had 2 rusted solid to the engine and even a shop was required to take them out. They even broke an EZ-out doing it. I swore never to use that brand ever again for the cost and no vehicle for over a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts