The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vexed! When refueling the gas bubbles up in seconds.

Disconnected the fill tube and checked for obstructions. Couldn't get the hose off on the tank side but from the filler neck I see a white half-moon Plastic thing Lower end is solid, upper is open. What is it?
Eye Rectangle Font Electric blue Symbol

Any ideas. I believe this is why it won't flow.
Anyone have a P/N for the neck to tank hose? I fear if I pull or pry too hard, I will break the port fitting on the tank.
I would slice it to get it off but know enough to have the replacement in hand BEFORE I cut it!

Thanks for any advice

Don

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't pull on any hose push it off,they make a tool to get under a hose looks like coterie puller but not sharp,with a chrysler any thing is possible,if I had read these forums before buying one wouldn't go near one

·
Registered
282 Posts
I suggest some research before buying parts. The rapid gas pump shutoff is unfortunately a common malady with a lot of potential causes, from an issue with the evap system to a defective fuel tank. My 2005 did it...I had to fill the tank very slowly so the pump didn't click off. In my case, I accidentally broke one of the vacuum ports on top of the tank while changing the fuel pump, so had to replace the tank.

Search "gas pump turns off while filling" or "cannot fill gas tank."

There's likely nothing wrong with the half-moon restrictor on your tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts