The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our last loan statement from Chrysler it satated that the Dodge/Chrysler was #1 inquality in a JD Powers servey. Why aren't we hearing this in every minivan ad we see? Chrysler needs to market the heck out of their good points. Our '09 Caravan 4.0 has been flawless in 15,000 miles. The longest of any new car we ever had. Longer than the Toyota. I should add that the 4.0 is wickedly fast. :thewave:

·
Super Moderator
26,131 Posts
Here's the report they are referring to. It's about the 2006 model year.

·
Super Moderator
26,131 Posts
Why remind buyers of the 4th gen vans they cant buy new anymore? That in contrast to the low ratings of the 08s.
There seems to be a lot of negative press on Chrysler products out there by some publications (black circles versus red circles and that kind of interpretative, or needing to be interpreted, information) so a good report, even though it's for a 2006 model, is refreshing and yes, goes against what one might expect from a seeminging "bullied" Manufacturer by some automative reporting authorities, as to their products on average compared to the competition.

If one considers the Odyssey the prime competitor for the Chrysler Minivans, then the 2008 T&C at 8.9, GC at 8.4 and Odyssey at 8.9 (from MSN Autos) aren't showing any big diferences. So, all things considerd, the 2008s aren't doing badly at all, compared to the competition.

I realize there have been numerous issues reported with the 2008 brakes wearing out quite quickly, but looking at a 2004 Acura rear brakes on the weekend, with a 2.5+/- inch long brake pad, certainly didn't impress me either. Those pads had to be replaced at 40,000 kms (24,000 miles), not surprising "for their size".

Why aren't we hearing this in every minivan ad we see?
We probably will be hearing this. Chrysler will be waving this piece of information in every potential Customer's face like the other Brands are doing with any favourable reports on them. In Canada, we continually hear that the Grand Caravan is the best selling minivan in Canada and the Journey is the best selling crossover. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts