The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get some larger summer wheels for the van this year so I'm putting my current summer wheels up for sale. They are 17x8 American Racing AR-898 wheels mounted on the factory Michelin tires. They have 23k summer miles on them. Thanks to my wife's impeccable driving skills, two of the wheels have some rash on them. One has the edge chewed up pretty good so I bought a new wheel last year with the intention of replacing it. The second has a slight rash on part of the edge where she rubbed a curb when parking. It's not as noticeable. I'm OCD so I notice it more than most. The wheels have OEM TPMS sensors in them also.

So the package has 4 wheels and tires mounted with TPMS sensors, a new spare wheel and lugnuts. It's a ready to bolt on package. I'm asking $650 for it. I live by Dubuque Iowa but could possibly deliver since I travel the upper Midwest for my sales job (WI, IA, IL, IN, OH, MI, MO & KY).

Pictures:

I just snapped these today, the wheels are up on the rack for winter storage.

This the wheel with slight edge rash

On the van

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :cool: As we get closer to spring, I plan to get them down off the rack and take some better pictures of each wheel and post for sale locally as well.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks! :cool: As we get closer to spring, I plan to get them down off the rack and take some better pictures of each wheel and post for sale locally as well.
The wheels look good. What size are you going to upgrade to?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. 19" or 20" Not sure yet. I'm leaning toward 20x9 SRT8 wheels. I love the simple 5 spoke design.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks. 19" or 20" Not sure yet. I'm leaning toward 20x9 SRT8 wheels. I love the simple 5 spoke design.
They do look nice. For me the price is too steep (esp in Canada) and there will be a trade off in the ride quality. I think a set of those rims and tires up here is close to $2K.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like the wheels too bad your too far away...would those fit a 97 DGC?
Thanks! No, they will only fit 2008+ vans. Different bolt pattern.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! :cool: I'm probably going to put them on Craigslist soon. I've been holding off because the wheels I want are on backorder so I don't want to end up having to run my snowtires into warm weather season still waiting.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took the tires off the storage rack yesterday and snapped some better pics.

This is the one with the worst curb rash that I bought the replacement for. It's not real noticeable unless you're looking for it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!

I have sort of a ritual with my winter and summer wheels. When I do the switch over each spring and fall, I give the wheels going on a good waxing on both sides. Then the wheels I took off get a thorough cleaning on both sides before going on the storage rack. You can see the blue tape on the wheels. I note on the tape which position they were at on the vehicle when removed. So when I reinstall them, I place them in a different location like being rotated.

I just put the chrome summer wheels on my Trailblazer yesterday. They were new in 2008 and still look like new now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Would you ship them? If so, what would be your best total price to 04412? We could use paypal for payment? Thanks

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Would you ship them? If so, what would be your best total price to 04412? We could use paypal for payment? Thanks
I honestly don't want to ship them. Besides, it would probably be pretty $$$ to do so.

Reactions: kebm

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heading up to Oshkosh WI for mother's day weekend if anyone around there is interested. Then I'll be going to Michigan in mid May if anyone there is interested. Up around LaCrosse WI after that.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Would those fit on my 2006 Grand Caravan? If so, let's talk possible deliverability to St Louis MO or very nearby!

Baby II would look fabolous with those!!

John Kuthe...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would those fit on my 2006 Grand Caravan? If so, let's talk possible deliverability to St Louis MO or very nearby!

Baby II would look fabolous with those!!

John Kuthe...
No, unfortunately they won't fit. The pre 5th gen models are a different bolt pattern. These are 5x127 and I think you have 5x100 IIRC.

·
Registered
459 Posts
No, unfortunately they won't fit. The pre 5th gen models are a different bolt pattern. These are 5x127 and I think you have 5x100 IIRC.
Bloody ****! :-( I wonder what the engineering reasons were for changing the bolt pattern? Probably none! :-(

Thanks!

John Kuthe...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts