The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 Voyager that I have basically had overhauled. Last night, my mechanic replaced the oil filter adapter gasket because of a oil leak. While on the lift, he took some brake cleaner I think or engine degrease (in a aerosol can) and tried to remove some of the excess oil on the underneath of the engine.

With that said, I drove it home, which is about a 30 minute drive and it was fine. Today when I go start it up, no gages. The "CHECK GAGES" light in the upper left corner is illuminated. The rear hatch release button is also not working. Wipers work fine, headlights work fine. So no temp gage, no speedometer, no odometer, and no fuel gage.

When I got this thing, I took the dash apart to replace so many of the burned out lights. I took the cluster out again to make sure everything was securely plugged in and still no gages. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and still no gages.

I've read previous posts about it being the ignition. I did wiggle the key and no change. I did notice that when I turn the key from OFF to on, the needle for the fuel gage moves just slightly every time.

With this health history, can we get a differential diagnosis going please. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would say check your fuses first, then pull the gauge cluster and check for power at the plug when the ignition is on. If the fuses & wiring check out, you may be looking at a bad BCM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts