The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have begun recently to have an intermittent problem with my 3-speed automatic transmission in my 1994 Caravan with the 3.0l engine. When starting out from a stop in drive only, it will "slip" before it begins to move. This only happens on occasion. When shifting from Park. Neutral or Reverse into Drive, you can feel it go into gear but it will slip nonetheless. In all other gears it runs great.
The vehicle has 147,600 miles but this is the second rebuild and has only 30,000 miles on it. I have an external cooler (bypassing the radiator completely) and an external filter (spin-on type). The fluid was changed a few thousand miles ago along with the internal filter. The external filter has been changed less than a 1000 miles ago. Any ideas? I was hoping that it wouldn't be the sprag as it only happens maybe 1/5 of the time. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
When was the last time you adjusted or had the bands adjusted?
Band adjustment is part of the regular maintenance on the 3 speeds. Sounds to me like your low/reverse band needs it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Long_Voyager94
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing