The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

what are other common problems with the 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager?

1994 Grand Voyager 3.0 Fuel pump problems

Tags
fuel power pump
9K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Joshua 
#1 ·
I was adding fluid to transmission after the start of some problems when engine died. Traced "new" problem to the fuel pump. Checked fuses and relay. Pump works great when hot wired at the mid-car harness to tank. no power from the grn/black wire on other side though even with ignition on.
read something about oil pressure switch causing this problem? I need lots of help.

#5 ·
No, overfilling the tranny will not cause any problems with the engine. However, overfilling the tranny will cause it to spew excess fluid out the filler pipe.

ONLY check the tranny fluid when the engine is running and the tranny is in PARK.

Checking the fluid when the engine is "OFF" will give a false reading (usually a higher than normal reading).

ONLY use ATF4

#6 ·
Az, thanks. I am at a loss. I am not an experienced mechanic and can't afford to pay one right now. I want to follow the wiring diagram as suggested but don't even know what i'm looking for. Another place to jump and test for power with the ignition on?
Should the relay click when ignition is full on?
swapped it out with another relay still no help?

Help me please; this our reliable vehicle with a full-time job and 3 kids. The wife is not happy with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.