The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks in advance for any help. Drove down the street today and 300 yards from home the engine died. Just as if I'd thrown a master switch. It cranks just fine on a new battery but doesn't fire up. Unfortunately, I was so surprised that I didn't even try the key on key off key on etc thing to get the codes. Duhhhhh! I had AAA haul the van 1 mile to a garage I trust. They called 3 hours later and said "Come in Monday, get the numbers off the ECM, and start looking." They've always allowed me to bring my own parts and have been good about that.
Does any one have any idea where I can start looking for an ECM and exactly what it is that I need to specify when I find one?

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated. Is there anyone that has bought one that can tell me how to exactly match what is already on the vehicle? Are there specific numbers I need to pay attention to or .....?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took the leap and ordered a CARDONE rebuilt ECM part number A1 79-6542 from Rock Auto. As it is for a OBD 1 and didn't need to be flashed it was basically plug and play. Car started right up and runs fine. I'll let you know if anything changes. Next is a new A/C compressor and dryer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
koreywill
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing