The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1996 T&C rear AC Not blowing..?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  waterbuff 
#1 ·
The rear AC does not turn on at all. Thoughts?

#2 ·
I believe what you mean is that the rear AC blower motor does not work.
I believe on that model that if the front AC works, then the evaporator in the rear is getting cold also, but the blower is not working to move the air over it.

Check the fuses first. Recalibrate the AC controls as per the Service Manual.
Could be the rear switch itself.

Finally, remove the passenger side rear cover and check the motor and relay.

#3 ·
Neither from the front or the switch over the middle driver side passenger correct?

40 amp fuse #2 powers the rear blower relay. It also powers the door locks. If they are working the fuse is good. The fuse is in the PDC (underhood fuse box). Now go to the junction block fuse /relay panel under the dash. 20 amp fuse #5 directly powers the blower motor. Fuse is good? Swap the rear blower motor relay with another identical relay. Still not working? Remove the relay and jump contacts 30 and 87 together on the relay socket. The motor should spin right away, no keys needed. Blower still not spinning? You'll have to get to the blower connector and check for power at pin #3. If it's there the bower motor or the resistor block is bad.

#4 · (Edited)
Apologies for reviving an old thread (at least it shows I searched before posting :))

In our 99 TC, we found the rear blower dead under all conditions this past weekend. Don't know when it first occurred. Swapped fuses and relays and still dead.

I'm a little unsure about jumping contacts (and getting to the blower/connector) and so wonder if there are any other ideas I should try first.

Many thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.