The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is happening irregularly. I turn the key to start the van and it fires right off, but maybe 10 seconds later it dies. I start it again and it fires right off, but then dies again.

I haven't been able to figure out whether outside temperature or engine cold/hot has anything to do with it.

What I do notice is the tachometer doesn't indicate any RPMs during the above process.

When the van DOES work, which is most of the time, the tachometer indicates the RPM correctly.

Frustrating - can't get to happen in a shop for them to check it out - can't figure out what's making it happen.

Thanks,
Terry.

·
5000 Club
5,744 Posts
Vacuum leak? Ya could be but I would think it would have to be a big one to kill the engine. Spent a career in the Air Force as an electronics tech. I've got electrons flowing through the viens. It effects the brain.

Have somebody listen for a hiss when it's running.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Terry, sorry for checking in so late on this problem. On my 99 T&C, we had similar problems. In my case, it was the poor solder connection in the dash board. Relatively easy to fix, and it solved a LOT of problems. Just do a search here for "solder dash" and you will see several comments. There is also an excellent article on just how to perform this task.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts