The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about the overseas Caravans receiving 2.5 diesels. What can you tell me about these and ARE they available for export (the engine) as well as transplantable in what years? I was hoping into a first generation Mini Ram Van. (1986)Any details or information on these engines and possible conversions from gas to diesel will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi I leave in Belgium and I've got A 2nd génération minivan 2.5TD You cab see it on my forum (look at the signature).

I think that it possible to put the TD in a S1 but there are no S1 with manual gear box... There will be much work!

The engine is not a Mopar but a VM. personally, I think that it is necessary to better keep the engine gasoline and to equip it with gas. The cylinder heads of the TD are fragile. And, to find parts in the USA will be impossible.

·
Registered
333 Posts
TheRage. I wish I could help you with your project but all I can do is tell you I also have a 1986 mini ram van. I drive mine daily. I did find another 86s in a salvage yard and bought the engine out of it. I plan to rebuild the spare engine with over size pistons, deck the block and shave the head. Then some weekend I'll swap the motors. Good luck with your vehicle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts