The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Chrysler G. Voyager with a 3.3. The steering pump is leaking. If I replace the pump, I have to get a special tool to swap out the pulley to the new pump. If I do a rebuild, I'm guessing I have to remove the pulley to install the new seals.

Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to remove and reinstall the pulley wheel? And how did you do this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can ask my friend about it as I am not a mechanic! :) I'll give you the answer in a few.

Did you have to remove and reinstall the pulley wheel? And how did you do this?

·
Registered
114 Posts
So my friend said that the pulley was not included in the kit and that using a pulley remover for chrysler (told me that he own 3, one for GM, one for Chrysler and on for Ford but that there are universal ones) and then installed it to the new pump.

I can ask my friend about it as I am not a mechanic! :) I'll give you the answer in a few.

Reactions: Armadillo

·
Loveably weird
364 Posts
I had to replace the pump on my wife's 98 Voyager with the 3.3 engine. The Haynes manual says to remove the pump and pulley from the vehicle as a unit. Good luck with that!:angry:
There just wasn't room to get them out (or in) as a unit. So I wound up pulling the pulley off the pump while still in the van, and reinstalling it after the new pump was in the van.
PIA. Next time I'm paying someone to do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts