The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, many thanks to all who have provided great advice here to all things Chrysler minivan!

I have a 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager (as the subject says), and I want to replace the cloudy headlight lenses. I have been looking at replacements online, and every one I have come across says "without daytime running light option." Well, mine has the running lights on all the time the car is running. Does this mean the stock wiring harness won't plug right in? And why can't I seem to find one that does have the daytime running lights and is NOT a quad headlight setup? I know Plymouth offered my minivan that way for 2000 only, is that why I can't find it? I'd like to keep that feature working if I can, but I guess if I can't, well, can I just buy the other type and hotwire it so everything else but the daytime lights work?

Thanks again for all the amazing wisdom amassed here.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Have you tried one of the headlight polishing kits? Some of my friends have used them with success. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried polishing them a little using some standard polish, and it didn't do much. I took a close look at them, and it looks like all the issues are on the inside of the lens and not the outside. Polishing them just gave me lenses that were shiny and cloudy. They have tons of little cracks on the inside surface, or so it looks to me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
OEM 9007 (not quad) hi-lo lamp replacement units by TYC for 96-00 Caravans from Amazon or eBay are correct and have both the DOT spec amber reflectors and marker lights used as DRLs using the factory relay.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Any time!

·
3rd gen > all others
2,954 Posts
Any headlight should work, as the DRL feature is just a special relay that turns on the low beams whenever the key is on. It's mostly a Canadian market thing.

Reactions: dun4now

·
Registered
483 Posts
Any headlight should work, as the DRL feature is just a special relay that turns on the low beams whenever the key is on. It's mostly a Canadian market thing.
On the 96-00, the factory DRL relay lights the amber marker lamps, not the headlamps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts