The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2001 caravan and today the battery died on me twice. I have a habit of forgetting the lights on but not today; I am sure the light was off.
So as I was busy and needed the car, I removed the negative whenever I parked for more than 15 minutes and that solves the problem, it starts right away. Two questions:
  • Untill I have time on the weekend, is there a fuse that I can remove and would cut all power off?
  • What's the best ways to test for a leak.

The battery measure 12-13 when off and 14 when running.

Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
How old is the battery? What is the state of charge after a few hrs, when both battery cables are connected to the battery? Your 14 amps charging system is normal, but this doesn't tell you much about the batteries health.

It's possible the battery has a bad cell or two. This can cause the issue you're having.

Reactions: bamia

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I have been mistreating it so that is the likely case.
With my 2002 TnC, when it was new to me and using it for a work van, I got stuck at the jobsite pretty regularly as I would leave the doors opened.\
Someone here said " DO you turn the dash light dimmer all the way down? There is a spot on the dash light dimmer that shuts off the interior lights..."

Just sayin'

I like the Exide batteries at Home Depot. I think they are (were) reasonably priced and have (had) a three year full replacement warranty.
Take a battery from the back of the rack, they put the fresh batteries at the back. Keep and photocopy your receipt (HomeDespot uses disappearing ink on their register receipts... those genius bas-turds)

Reactions: bamia
1 - 6 of 6 Posts