The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any instructions on how to repair loak on my 2001 caravan lift gate, I can only open with key.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Is just the power lock function broken? If you have someone operate the switch, can you put your ear by the lift gate and hear the motor?

Reactions: spin227

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Could be a fuse, bad switch, or loose wire. Check for power at the back of the switch, with ignition turned to "RUN" position.

Some have a motor, mine has a big solenoid that makes a "POP/CLICK" sound when it's activated. :ask_wsign

Reactions: spin227

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I try to open rear hatch I can't open with handle,can only open with key, I assume something is broken.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear door on 2001 dodge caravan

I will try and get a schematic for the rear door. If it is eletrical I will try and repair it, Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Remove Rear Panel

two screws in the pull down handle. Then starting from the bottom pull away the plastic (it only snaps in place. Don't be afraid it will sound like it is breaking but won't

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I had sway bars and bushings done 12,000 miles ago, anyone know how they should hold up for. I hear the same clunking noise in front that I heard when I had them replaced. My van is a 2001Caravan SE 2.4. I only have 76,000 miles on van. (original)
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts