The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read many door related threads. Checked the track harness...it was good. Checked the door harness...it pinned out good. Was giving up and bumped a connector and the door came to life for a moment.

It was this connector in the door with the red safety lock:
20160729_114909.jpg

I used this to clean up the connector and dissolve any corrosion that may exist. I used the zip ties to lock it in place in case vibration or the door lock actuator rod bumped the connector.
20160729_115029.jpg

Even the pillar button work for a moment to open and close the door. That didn't last long so there must be another problem(s). Only the key fob remotes buttons will work. Any ideas on why none of the interior buttons work?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I read many door related threads. Checked the track harness...it was good. Checked the door harness...it pinned out good. Was giving up and bumped a connector and the door came to life for a moment.

It was this connector in the door with the red safety lock:
View attachment 38234

I used this to clean up the connector and dissolve any corrosion that may exist. I used the zip ties to lock it in place in case vibration or the door lock actuator rod bumped the connector.
View attachment 38226

Even the pillar button work for a moment to open and close the door. That didn't last long so there must be another problem(s). Only the key fob remotes buttons will work. Any ideas on why none of the interior buttons work?
If ya bumped a plug and everything worked---go back to that plug!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Agree with Mr. Fixit: if jostling that plug or section of harness caused a temporary period of functionality, go back to it and investigate further. The box in your first picture is a Door Control Module. There's a host of wires in that harness that talk to the motors, sensors, and the Body Control Module to operate the door.

If you need it, I do have the Service Manual with the wiring diagrams and connector pinouts in it. PM me if you want a link to download it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts