The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!! I posted this before and received a couple of replies that didn't pertain to my problem. I hope there is someone who can help me.
OK, I have a 2001 T&C with electric sliders. Neither slider works electrically. The driver's side slider WILL NOT OPEN. Not even manually. When i hit the lock/unlock switch, the lock rod goes up or down accordingly. I was told to replace the latch mechanism but I need the door open to do this. Local dealer said that motors were bad in both sliders. If that is the case, why will passenger slider open/close manually but the driver's slider will not? Could this have something to do with the fuel door? I know the driver side slider will not open with fuel door open. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!

Thanks for all responses. badbaldtexan

·
fix it if you can
4,739 Posts
take a look at this thread first, then please use the search box on 4th gen forum as slider problems are very common and have been covered in great detail..

the short of it is that 3 different motors control locking, latching and sliding. Fix the power/manual lock problems first - it is possible to take the interior trim off the door with the slider closed (not easy but doable), once the trim is off you'll have access to the power lock mechanism, cables and rods for the door lock.. after you unlock the door (remove one screw that holds the power lock actuator assy, lift up the pin that fits through the 'arm' of the actuator and pull on the handle [outside] or push the button [inside] your door should open manually.. - check the link to thread above for more details)

PS: leave the fuel door alone, it has nothing to do with the main lock latch - there's a separate interlock mechanism... (it will let you 'pop' the door, bot won't let you slide it open)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts