The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel pump went out in 2015 replaced with a DELPHI FG0425 (Autozone) Worked for about 3 weeks then gas gauge went out replaced the pump again same thing fuel gauge, 3rd time same thing, i ignored it, and drove it (2017), well Fuel pump is completly out now needs to be replaced i do have a lifetime warrenty at autozone, BUT would be real Nice to have a gas gauge any ideas?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I replaced our OEM fuel pump last year with that same fuel pump from AutoZone. It only lasted 20K miles. Even with a lifetime warranty, I went with a Bosh pump from Napa. It cost twice as much as the Delphi pump, but more reliable. So far, no issues after almost a year.

Reactions: Road Ripper

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced our OEM fuel pump last year with that same fuel pump from AutoZone. It only lasted 20K miles. Even with a lifetime warranty, I went with a Bosh pump from Napa. It cost twice as much as the Delphi pump, but more reliable. So far, no issues after almost a year.
ok i see that rock has the bosch for $138, i paid $258 for the one at Auto zone BUT i will have to wait, Auto zone should have it on Record from corporate to give me a refund, did you have any problems with the gas gauge? i don't want to be putting a new one in every few years

·
fix it if you can
5,751 Posts
I would not put anything other than Denso in the van, but then again, I'd try to replace just the pump if it went out and keep original float...
Attrition Zone can keep their lifetime warranty, they already charge 2x for most parts and you get to be the free labor.

Somehow Bosch and these vans don't seem to agree on much (plugs, sensors, etc).
YMMV

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not put anything other than Denso in the van, but then again, I'd try to replace just the pump if it went out and keep original float...
Attrition Zone can keep their lifetime warranty, they already charge 2x for most parts and you get to be the free labor.

Somehow Bosch and these vans don't seem to agree on much (plugs, sensors, etc).
YMMV
you happen to have a part number i seem to be getting conflicting parts numbers 953-3057, 953-3047, 953-3037
Mine is not a Flex, **** it can't handle 10% ethanol when it gets hot

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
953-3037, for 2001 according to densoautoparts.com - double check (they're the manufacturer)
i sent them my Vin Number that is the right part i have decided to go with the Denso got a refund from autozone they could not get the Denso pump, could not find anyone Local that had or could get the Denso Pump so had to order it on-line i will update how long the gas gauge works i keep track of everything

Thanks All

Reactions: atoman

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
ok i see that rock has the bosch for $138, i paid $258 for the one at Auto zone BUT i will have to wait, Auto zone should have it on Record from corporate to give me a refund, did you have any problems with the gas gauge? i don't want to be putting a new one in every few years
No, I didn't/don't have a problem with the gas gauge. Make sure you do a comparison of both pumps together, side by side.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Finally got Around the install the pump Works BUT gas gauge is on 3/4 with 3 gallons in tank

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reset Gauge Cluster disconnected the battery while I put in the Torque Arm Bushing Looks like gas Gauge is working now I'll see how long filled it up

Reactions: atoman

·
3rd gen > all others
4,572 Posts
Denso is a good brand. I tore apart my failed original pump from my 2000 and it is a Walbro electric pump, not Denso.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts