The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been getting a Vibration (Banging noise) at around 30mph Cold after a few minutes goes away got under the van today i don't see anything wrong jack all 4 put in gear no Vibration (No Banging) did notice that the Torque Arm bushing is broke and could be causing the problems Factory part is Torque Arm 05019617AA Been looking on-line with no luck

Anyone else with this problem?

·
3rd gen > all others
4,213 Posts
You might have to go with a used part, since new parts are discontinued. You may have some luck putting in a parts request on www.car-part.com. I didn't see a specific listing for the part, but since you know what you are looking for and have the part number a junkyard in your area just might have one. You can also look on craigslist for someone parting out a 4th gen AWD van.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Check around Omaha and beyound no luck on finding a good one i did pickup the torque arm at u-pull-it but it's bad also i got the rear end torque arm drive shaft system and Power Transfer unit

Has Anyone found anything that could work replacing the bushing?

there is a number on the bushing itself 400-0032 can't make out the letters in front of it

Attachments

·
3rd gen > all others
4,213 Posts
I've also joined the AWD camp, and have been learning some things about these vans.

The 2001 AWD system is different from the 2002-2004 system. Specifically, the 2001 uses a longer output shaft on the PTU and shorter propeller shaft to match it.

The round rubber bushing looks like it can be removed and replaced. I wonder if the round rubber part of some motor mounts are the same size and can be substituted?

One could reinsert the center of the mount, cut away the old rubber, tape up one side flat and lay on its side, and fill the mount void with polyurethane (windshield sealer). Did that with a motor mount for an Isuzu I-mark once because a new mount was $90 (back in the mid-90's). Engine vibration transferred more to the body, but it worked. Maybe leaving a couple of open areas in the "new" molded mount would allow some movement and less vibration.

I recently tried getting some AWD parts at the U-Pull off of a 2002 T&C, but my breaker bar broke. I was trying to get the rear CV shafts for spares, since they are unobtainium. The PTU appeared to be bad (could spin output shaft in park, should've been locked) and the driveshaft was already gone. It is no longer on their inventory list, so it's already been crushed, RIP.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,213 Posts
I measured my spare torque arm and the bushing is 2 7/8" outside diameter. It is smaller than the round rubber inserts in the motor mounts. Maybe you can find a bushing using the dimensions?

Edit: I looked around online for an hour, and couldn't find one. Couldn't even find a rubber bushing with 2 7/8" OD. I would resort to the windshield sealer polyurethane tube and make my own.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ready haven't had time to Mess with it right now been working on The wife's van so i can have my van Back before she destroys it, then i will like to get some help on my van to sort a few things out with it that don't work like the side door buttons on the overhead console the buttons by each side door don't work the remote will open the doors

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, have someone solutions how to fix it or any idea where to find this bushing to replace ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been getting a Vibration (Banging noise) at around 30mph Cold after a few minutes goes away got under the van today i don't see anything wrong jack all 4 put in gear no Vibration (No Banging) did notice that the Torque Arm bushing is broke and could be causing the problems Factory part is Torque Arm 05019617AA Been looking on-line with no luck

Anyone else with this problem?
I have had the same problem this year on my 2003 AWD 3.3L Grand Voyager, here in Europe I only found a new transfer control arm in Russia at a very expensive price of £650. After an exhausting internet search, I found a bushing with similar outside measurements and similar functionality, it is a Honda car control arm bushing part number: TD1137W (around 15$ cost) because the original bushing is threaded inside the hole and the new one is not I have used a passing M14 metric coarse pitch flange bolt and nut grade 10.9 and after making a cut on one side it was fitted in place. I have dismantled everything of the rear suspension including the main drive shaft and the transfer box for cleaning and repaint every single piece to prolonging the life of my loved bus. I am just reassembling all the rear suspensions and will need to wait for the result of the adaptation after some miles of use.
I am attaching some pictures of the final job on the transfer case-control arm.
Cheers...

·
3rd gen > all others
4,213 Posts
I have

I had have the same problem this year on my 2003 Grand Voyager, I have replace the bushing with an Honda car control arm bushing after made a little cut to put it in place. I am just reasembly all the tear suspension after clean and paint every piece of this. I will need to wait for the result of the adaptation.
You sir, are a hero!! I've seen this same problem posted a few times on this forum. I've tried saving a few good, used ones in the junkyard to hopefully help people, but you can't beat a brand-new part option. Thank you!!

Mods: Is it possible to pin this post at the top, as it is as useful as the rear CV shaft thread? I'll bookmark it for future reference/sharing.

Reactions: Special Edy

·
Registered
2 Posts
You, sir, are a hero!! I've seen this same problem posted a few times on this forum. I've tried saving a few goods, used ones in the junkyard to hopefully help people, but you can't beat a brand-new part option. Thank you!!

Mods: Is it possible to pin this post at the top, as it is as useful as the rear CV shaft thread? I'll bookmark it for future reference/sharing.
JA, JA, JA, I am not a Hero! I am only resolving a problem.
Yes, of course, you can. it is a pleasure to help others with our own experiences solving the discontinued spare of our lovely cars.
On the other hand, I have found one aftermarket option for the rear Constand Velocity Boots, and tomorrow I will put some pictures and the part number of it.
Cheers...

·
3rd gen > all others
4,213 Posts
Looks like the bushing is for a 2003-2007 Honda Accord. Found it on Rock Auto here in the states for $7.62!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to Thank Roman72, i know if i started a post someone would find a way to fix this, the banging started gettting louder so look what happen to this post i didn't get any notifications, my bad for taking so long i didn't change my e-mail address some time ago Thank you Roman72 you the man

·
3rd gen > all others
4,213 Posts
I did manage to find and remove a good used bushing from a torque arm if you still need one. I can totally understand wanting a new part though. (y) So at least I can be a backup plan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JA, JA, JA, I am not a Hero! I am only resolving a problem.
Yes, of course, you can. it is a pleasure to help others with our own experiences solving the discontinued spare of our lovely cars.
On the other hand, I have found one aftermarket option for the rear Constand Velocity Boots, and tomorrow I will put some pictures and the part number of it.
Cheers...
Greetings and thank you for your help. 2 questions. how did you install the torque arm? did you get a longer bolt and nut or what? what is the option for the rear axle boot? again thank you for your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts