The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a 2002 chrysler minivan. i recently bought a aftermarket stereo for the van. i bought a scoche wireing harness, when i hooked it up there was no sound. after this i decided to buy a differnt wiring harness, still the same problem occurred. i have tested the cd player on a speaker, it's putting out sound. i accidently disconnected the wireing harness and when i connected it, it worked for a moment then went out. i have also, tried to directly wire the cd pplayer to the wireing harness, but still no sound. the factory radio works fine, but has no cd player. also, there is a vhs player in the van and i was wondering where to find a dvd replacement for it. thanks for looking and your help.

·
Banned
547 Posts
This is from a previous post of mine (the van has the Infinity Sound System)

I found it was easier to pull the factory radio & CD changer with a multimedia receiver.

I put in a JVC KD-DV5400 receiver which plays movies and has a front auxiliary port and a remote.

I plugged in a long video cable and routed it through the bottom tray.

I plug the cable into the auxiliary jacks in the back of the console.

I had the overhead screen and the center console out and could not come up with an easy way to get rid of it.

I had to run a wire from the amp relay under the hood to the stereo but it was easy to do.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Here is more about the relay that I posted:
----------------------------------------------------------
"The amp relay is in the Relay/Fuse box located under the hood. The amp relay is the one labeled NBS which stands for Name Brand Speakers.

If you are trying to install an after market radio in a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country, you may notice that no sound comes from the speakers. This is because the single wire that is connected to the factory radio sends a signal to the Bus which tells the relay to turn on - powering the factory amp. I bypassed this by running a wire from the red Acc power wire on the radio to the relay. Connect the wire to pin number 87 on the relay. When standing in front of and facing the van, pin number 87 is the pin, on the NBS relay, which is closest to you and furtherst right"

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_t...r_Town_Country
------------------------
got it working

pin 87 was the 3rd pin on the connector. I believe it was purple/green.
I used my multilmeter to corrrespond the relay socket with the pin below where the connector goes into.

There is a grommet right above the pedals inside where you can push a wire through.

·
Banned
1 Posts
QUOTE=sselander
, you may notice that no sound comes from the speakers. This is because the single wire that is connected to the factory radio sends a signal to the Bus which tells the relay to turn on - powering the factory amp. I bypassed this by running a wire from the red Acc power wire on the radio to the relay. Connect the wire to pin number 87 on the relay. When standing in front of and facing the van, pin number 87 is the pin, on the NBS relay, which is closest to you and furtherst right

------------------------
Thank you 'sselander' just installed a DVD + GPS etc into my Grand Voyager and was going in a spin over the no sound issue until I found your advice and tried it. WORKS PERFECTLY.
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can connect the PCI BUS directly to the amp power outlet on a stereo or the Acc 12V+ instead of running an extra wire to relay???

·
Registered
430 Posts
QUOTE=sselander
, you may notice that no sound comes from the speakers. This is because the single wire that is connected to the factory radio sends a signal to the Bus which tells the relay to turn on - powering the factory amp. I bypassed this by running a wire from the red Acc power wire on the radio to the relay. Connect the wire to pin number 87 on the relay. When standing in front of and facing the van, pin number 87 is the pin, on the NBS relay, which is closest to you and furtherst right

------------------------
Thank you 'sselander' just installed a DVD + GPS etc into my Grand Voyager and was going in a spin over the no sound issue until I found your advice and tried it. WORKS PERFECTLY.
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can connect the PCI BUS directly to the amp power outlet on a stereo or the Acc 12V+ instead of running an extra wire to relay???

NO!!! The PCI bus is a low voltage data wire. No telling the kind of damage you can do if you supply 12v to it :Wow1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.