The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2002 G.Caravan misifre!

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  blknblu 
#1 ·
Was driving my van today when suddenly it started to misfire I'm getting the following codes:

P0300
P0303
P0304
P1297

I was told the P1297 could be the ECM! Is there a way I can check for this? The van will start and drive it seems to have a reasonable amount of power considering the engine is shaking.Spark plugs and wires were changed about a year ago,oil & filter are regularly changed also.

#3 ·
P1297 No Change in MAP From Start To Run
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0300

ECM? Could be but less likely than a vacuum leak, bad MAP sensor or wiring issue from the PCM to the MAP sensor in that order considering the P1297 code. The P0300 indicates something is effecting several cylinders, in your case #3 and #4 so it's less likely you have worn ignition parts such as plugs, plug wires or a coil pack though it would be a good idea to at least check for bad connections. First thing to look for is a vacuum leak. Could be a stuck EGR valve, leaking EGR system vacuum lines, leaking intake plenum gasket, bad MAP sensor seal, etc.

blknblu mentions the infamous injector wire harness. Pretty sure the MAP sensor wiring runs through the same bundle.

#6 ·
The MAP sensor wire is part of the fuel injector harness as indicated in the fuel injector harness thread

--------------------
My wires for a 2001 fuel injection harness at the 10 pin connector are:
CAV CIRCUIT
1 K342 16BR/WT - Automatic Shutdown Relay
2 K1 18VT/BR - MAP sensor 1
3 K11 16BR/YL - FI 1
4 K12 16BR/DB - FI 2
5 K13 16BK/LB - FI 3
6 K14 16BR/TN - FI 4
7 K900 18DB/DG - Map Sensor 2
8 K38 16BR/OR FI 5
9 K58 16BR/VT - FI 6
10 F855 18OR/PK - Map Sensor 3
-----------------
This is from the service manual:

SYMPTOM
P1297-NO CHANGE IN MAP FROM START TO RUN

WHEN MONITORED
With engine RPM ±64 of target idle and the throttle blade at closed throttle.

SET CONDITION
Too small of a difference is seen between barometric pressure with ignition ON (engine running) and manifold vacuum for 8.80 seconds .

POSSIBLE CAUSES
Intermittent condition
5 volt supply circuit shorted to ground
5 volt supply circuit open
MAP sensor internal failure
MAP sensor signal circuit shorted to ground
MAP sensor signal circuit shorted to sensor ground circuit
MAP 5 volt supply circuit open
MAP sensor vacuum port
MAP sensor
PCM 5 volt supply circuit
PCM MAP sensor signal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.