The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
you can easily check by pulling build sheet...
If original owner ordered a "full size spare" that might well be what factory put under there.
Otherwise most people would replace the old compact spare with a normal wheel + tire when time comes to replace it (if not sooner)
The convenience spare tire is full diameter, but narrower vs the donut spare tire which is of lesser diameter. The 2002 AWD and Sport+ models would have the full diameter convenience spare tire like a 155/90D16

·
fix it if you can
5,492 Posts
The convenience spare tire is full diameter, but narrower vs the donut spare tire which is of lesser diameter.
I don't recall ever seeing a 3rd or 4th gen van with a "doughnut" (undersized) spare. All of the AWD models which I've seen (not many) had a full size spare (as in 215/65 R16). Chrysler even marketed a distinct /different/upgraded "full size spare winch" for those who wanted to upgrade, though most just mounted the bigger tire to the compact spare winch with no ill effects.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If anybody needs the OE thin spare for a 16" wheel Grand, I have one w/ fairly new tire (~5 yrs, I'll check) in Sacramento, CA I'll sell cheap. The spare was missing at the used car dealer so he installed one, but messed up. When I needed to use it on a road trip, it interfered with the front caliper (had to move wheels around to put it on the rear). I found my van needs a full-size spare since AWD with factory tow package (larger front calipers?), so got one at the salvage yard. I had wondered why the thin spare hung a bit loose with the cable all the way up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BEEN NOSING AROUND TO FIND THE SPARE TIRE ON MY 2002 T & C BUT TO NO AVAIL. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE IT IS AT?
If the van does not have stow and go seats in the back under the van behind the rear axle an inside there should be a little tab that you pull out and you put the crank from your jack in the air to turn that nut to lower the wheel down. If you have stow and go to spare tire is underneath the van between the front seat between the front seats on the floor there's an access plug you pull out to gain access to the crank so lower down the tire

21 - 27 of 27 Posts