The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Grand Caravan eL 3.3 l Flexi Fuel engine. Anybody had any luck tracking down the source of a Code P0456? This is supposed to be a small leak in the evaporative emissions system. I've replaced the gas filler cap and found several promising problems including the two plastic clamps on the evap canister being broken. So far none of these have fixed the problem. Each time I correct something I reset the MIL and it comes back on in a week or ten days. There is also a small broken part on the quick disconnect fitting for the vapor tube going to the fuel tank. I'm not sure it is enough to cause the fitting to leak and it looks expensive to replace.
For a system that requires leak monitoring by law, there sure are a lot of wimpy leak prone connections involved. Finding the real problem is becoming difficult. Anybody got a magic solution that pinpoints the actual leak?

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
Short of taking it to a dealer, or other repair facility, and having the evap system smoke tested... I have no other ideas.

·
5000 Club
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RIP - Thanks, Very helpful info. I'm going to try exhausting the inspection method first. If that doesn't get it, I now understand what a dealer might do which makes me more comfortable. I hate going to the dealer blind. I'll et you know when I get it figured out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do a search on EVAP. system error codes---a very common problem is the short stub hose under the air cleaner box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts