The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Chrysler Town and Country 3.3L FWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get my 2003 Town and Country (with the 3.3 and 4 speed FWD) back on the road for a good bit, but noticed after changing the solenoid that was told to be bad (only had first and second gears in drive) the van would hold second gear with really no explanation other than code P0700. I recently picked up a BlueDriver OBD2 scanner and ran the check for all systems to see the code P0605. I have looked around and can't seem to get a straight answer on the cause of the code, I was hoping I could get some help. Below will be a picture of the codes I received when scanning.
Gadget Font Screenshot Software Multimedia

·
3rd gen > all others
4,563 Posts
So it's stuck in limp mode. There will be transmission codes stored in the TCM that only a scanner that can read the TCM will be able to decipher. If you live in an area that uses salt on the roads in the winter, the TCM itself can corrode badly and need to be replaced, or wiring connections can be corroded. I've seen the steel cover on the TCM case rust right through!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's stuck in limp mode. There will be transmission codes stored in the TCM that only a scanner that can read the TCM will be able to decipher. If you live in an area that uses salt on the roads in the winter, the TCM itself can corrode badly and need to be replaced, or wiring connections can be corroded. I've seen the steel cover on the TCM case rust right through!
The BlueDriver is capable of doing the TCM scans, that code is just alongside the P0605. I'm thinking more of the corroded cables as there are tons more on open and malfunctioning circuit codes with the ABS system.

·
Registered
2007 T&C Touring 3.8L 230k+ mi
220 Posts
Remove battery and pivot the fuse box to inspect all wiring by giving each wire a small wiggle. You can also trace the harness to or from the ABS module itself and inspect it for any corroding

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remove battery and pivot the fuse box to inspect all wiring by giving each wire a small wiggle. You can also trace the harness to or from the ABS module itself and inspect it for any corroding
Found quite a few damaged and even cut wires under the fuse box, and the ABS light went off when cleared this time, so that was actually helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts