The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T&C 2003 windshield washer front stopped working I changed the front pump and signal switch presser on the steering wheel tonight (wipers always worked), My back wipers works fine I see a couple of fuses that say wiper they look good even swapped one relay out and it didn't matter
tomorrow or the next day i'll do what I read here in a posting ....( switch the back pump motor wire with the front motor and see ! )

If that doesn't work is there something else I need to try ??????

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
So I don't know how cold it is by you, but I had a similar problem a few weeks ago when temps went to just below freezing. The front wipers would come on but no washer fluid would come out. Turns out, the summer washer fluid wasn't all used up and when I filled the washer reservoir with winter washer fluid. So the fluid froze in the line. (Eventually the rear wiper sprayer froze up too.) I evacuated all of the fluid out and replaced with 100% winter washer fluid and problem solved.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the weather wasn't cold enough up here for that my front has been out for awhile just trying to get it to work before the salt trucks hit the roadways I haven't changed over the wiring of the pumps yet been busy maybe tomorrow or monday I'll try it,

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Try this in a quit location. Turn the key to the on position, but not start. Try and activate the washer cleaner and listen for the washer motor. If you hear it, that might not be your problem. There is the possibility the line might be clogged. take a can of compressed air and blow through the hoses. Look on the passenger side just under the wiper tray for the washer fluid hose. You should be able to sperate the line. (It's right behind the air filer box)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this in a quit location. Turn the key to the on position, but not start. Try and activate the washer cleaner and listen for the washer motor. If you hear it, that might not be your problem. There is the possibility the line might be clogged. take a can of compressed air and blow through the hoses. Look on the passenger side just under the wiper tray for the washer fluid hose. You should be able to sperate the line. (It's right behind the air filer box)
I've had someone push the switch while I listened for the pump no sound at all

·
Registered
25 Posts
My T&C 2003 windshield washer front stopped working I changed the front pump and signal switch presser on the steering wheel tonight (wipers always worked), My back wipers works fine ...

If that doesn't work is there something else I need to try ??????
My Voyager is a 2001 with the 3.3 liter. It has separate pumps for the front and rear, both mounted on the washer fluid tank. I think Chrysler in a later year figured out how to use only one pump for both washers. The front pump is lower on the bottle than the rear pump. That way the rear washer goes empty first, and people who have a clue get more washer fluid before the front runs out.

For me, the rear pump went first. A month later the front went. While waiting for the 2nd pump to arrive, I just swapped hoses, and pressed the rear washer button to wipe the front. That swap only required jacking up the right front wheel, and removing the fender liner.

Note that the two pumps look exactly the same (they might even be interchangeable). Is it possible you have two pumps, but replaced the wrong pump? If there are two pumps, replace them both. I recall being able to test the pumps, switches and fluid paths by swapping hoses and/or connectors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Voyager is a 2001 with the 3.3 liter. It has separate pumps for the front and rear, both mounted on the washer fluid tank. I think Chrysler in a later year figured out how to use only one pump for both washers. The front pump is lower on the bottle than the rear pump. That way the rear washer goes empty first, and people who have a clue get more washer fluid before the front runs out.

For me, the rear pump went first. A month later the front went. While waiting for the 2nd pump to arrive, I just swapped hoses, and pressed the rear washer button to wipe the front. That swap only required jacking up the right front wheel, and removing the fender liner.

Note that the two pumps look exactly the same (they might even be interchangeable). Is it possible you have two pumps, but replaced the wrong pump? If there are two pumps, replace them both. I recall being able to test the pumps, switches and fluid paths by swapping hoses and/or connectors.
Yes both my pumps are different I bought the front pump and changed that one and tried the back one and that one was still working so I know I got the right one changed

Didn't think at the time to change hoses or electrical I only wanted to fix it permanently

It has to be electrical Probably from somewhere under the hood I suspect

I still didn't get to change over the wirers yet because we had rain and snow

Thanks for the Input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts