The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
Are the power doors turned on? On my 2004 T&C there is a switch/button on the lower left dash I believe that disables the power feature, if preferred.

Also, since it's a 2004, if you have a V6 then check out the fuel injector wiring harness. There is a thread for this stickied at the top of the 4th gen section (2001-2007). Best to always check this on any 2001-2004 V6 van to head off any future trouble from the harness melting/shorting.

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the power doors turned on? On my 2004 T&C there is a switch/button on the lower left dash I believe that disables the power feature, if preferred.

Also, since it's a 2004, if you have a V6 then check out the fuel injector wiring harness. There is a thread for this stickied at the top of the 4th gen section (2001-2007). Best to always check this on any 2001-2004 V6 van to head off any future trouble from the harness melting/shorting.

Welcome to the forum. :)
They are not power doors.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
Then that's why the key fob isn't talking to them. :ROFLMAO:

Did you mean power LOCKS? Does it have power locks in the sliding doors? Power windows in front? Maybe it would have power locks only in the front doors, but with no power sliding doors the wiring isn't there for power locks in the sliding doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then that's why the key fob isn't talking to them. :ROFLMAO:

Did you mean power LOCKS? Does it have power locks in the sliding doors? Power windows in front? Maybe it would have power locks only in the front doors, but with no power sliding doors the wiring isn't there for power locks in the sliding doors.
Power windows front. Power door locks, front and tailgate. I'm not sure if the sliders, which are manual, work because they have never worked since I've owned it.

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
I never had a base model Caravan before. Do those vans power the locks through contacts in the door jambs, or through a door wiring harness? Being the sliding doors are manual, there might not be a sliding door harness and thus, no power locks in the sliding doors to go bad... unless there are electrical contacts in the jambs that only lock/unlock the sliding doors when they are closed.

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
My 2002 DGC had one power sliding door (Passengers side) and a non-power sliding door on the Driver's side. I believe there was a wire harness on both sides.

Reactions: Road Ripper

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,477 Posts
My 2002 DGC had one power sliding door (Passengers side) and a non-power sliding door on the Driver's side. I believe there was a wire harness on both sides.
Jeepman is right again, there is a wire harness with or without power doors.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
I'd check that wire harness first then. They often break wires from all the flexing. Check from both ends with an ohmmeter and flex the wires while doing so, to see if an "open" appears. Can also check lock operation using the door mounted switch in the van.

Reactions: Thesoundguy2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts