The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other evening I parked the van in the garage, turned the car off and took the keys out of the ignition. When I opened the driver door to get out the warning bell started chiming like I left the keys in or the lights on. The lights were off and keys were in my hand. When I shut the door the chime stopped.

I put the keys back in and turned the ignition on and off again and opened the door and it started ringing again. I turned the lights on and off and it still did not stop. We have driven the van twice since then and it is still doing this. I have no warning lights either and it stops when the driver door is closed.

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
5000 Club
5,677 Posts
Have you tried a BCM reset? Remove the IOD fuse in the fuse box under the hood for 3 minutes.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Have you tried a BCM reset? Remove the IOD fuse in the fuse box under the hood for 3 minutes.
Just another suggestion, try spraying WD40 into the ignition. Then work the key in and out, could be some thing is stuck in there and it thinks the key is still in it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
This might sounds dumb but make sure the dome light is off (the dimmer wheel is not all the way up). you would also not notice it since the lights are on when the doors are open. I have done this a few times, and its not something you would notice.

·
1000 Post Club Member
1,985 Posts
There is a plastic pushrod that pushes into the ignition switch when a key is slid into the lock cylinder,this is what controls the key in ignition buzzer,that plastic piece may be bent and stuck or else the ignition switch (the electric part) is stuck on that mode.You would have to remove the column trim (top/bottom halfs) and unbolt the ignition switch (left side) to see if it frees the pushrod or else its stuck internally in the keys-in mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts