The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my 2005 T&C with a 775 CCA battery, but now it will not start at all. Indications vary. It looks like it's going to start as a I turn the key, the P-R-N-D-1-2 lights up, and some of the dash lights and rear view mirror indicator lights flicker(UConnect, etc). But then absolutely nothing happens and the car doesn't start. The only sound is a faint continuous tapping/clicking that continues even after I've taken out the key. The rear view mirror indicator lights are visually flickering even after I've taken out the key. Like visually jittery. Both battery contact brackets were replaced, all is secured tightly. O-Reily's assured me that their batteries come fully charged. The only other thing is that it start snowing hard and fast 2 minutes into me changing the battery, and so there was snow melting all over the battery. Not sure if that kind of direct moisture would hinder that battery from doing it's job. That about covers all my symptoms. I work 50 min away from my home, and this van is my wife's primary vehicle. any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Were all these symptoms evident before the battery change? Sounds to me like your new battery is bad, i''m not surprised as i've seen it happen before. Swap the battery, that might fix the issue.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You didn't describe the reason for replacing the old battery, but another possibility for this issue might be a bad ground, or cable under the IPM. If you invest in a digital mulit-meter ($30 or so for a decent basic unit), it would likey help you diagnose this problem without having to unnecessarily lug batteries back and forth to the parts store. And better yet, it can help with this same problem (and many more) on every vehicle you have now or in the future.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Is the top of the batt wet? This can short out the batt.

I tend to agree with others, it is a bad batt. If you have a voltmeter check the voltage while the ignition key is on start. It should be around 10v, if lower the batt is probably bad or not charged.

No batteries come completely charged. They are charged at the factory, hauled to the distributor, hauled to the dealer, sit on his shelf and then sold after???. All that time it is discharging. Most, if not all, instruct buyers to charge before using. Wonder why?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts