The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something not right with the passenger side speakers.. They both work but holding back power....

Do we know where the door speaker and Dash mounted speaker meet together in the door jam or in the dash? Any diagrams or pictures?

Thank you....
Car Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,980 Posts
If you have the amplified Infinity system, they don't, each speaker has it's own channel from the amplifier.

If you have the 6 speaker system, then the answer will be the connectors joining the dash wiring harness to the body wiring harness, found on each corner of the lower dash by the doors. (At least on my 2009 caravan that's where it is). I noticed that the dash side of the connector, there are 2 wires joining one pin in the connector, then the wires that run to the door only have one. That is where the wires for the dash speakers come from, and likely where yours come from as well.

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The non-infinity system.
it’s not an external amp problem I reverse the connection from left to right front speakers and it’s still doing the same thing so I know the channels still good

How do I get access to those connectors ? so is it inside the kick panel on the passenger side?

or is it inside the door jam when I open up the door I see connectors there

By the way what is up with those non-waterproof connectors in there you think Daimler-Chrysler would’ve came up with a better design than that -water can enter that nonsense…

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,980 Posts
The non-infinity system.
it’s not an external amp problem I reverse the connection from left to right front speakers and it’s still doing the same thing so I know the channels still good

How do I get access to those connectors ? so is it inside the kick panel on the passenger side?

or is it inside the door jam when I open up the door I see connectors there

By the way what is up with those non-waterproof connectors in there you think Daimler-Chrysler would’ve came up with a better design than that -water can enter that nonsense…
Only the infinity system was amplified and one main amp on 2004+ vans, the 6 and 4 speaker systems use just the radio and no crossover apart from a "bass blocker" which is attached to the dash speaker itself and looks like a small can right next to where the speaker wires connect to. Otherwise they are just parallel circuits.

The connector I'm talking about will be visible with that side kick panel removed, and the connector will be just above it secured by a Christmas tree clip to the dash frame:
Electrical wiring Cable Wire Electrical supply Auto part

In the upper part of the photo, the white plastic piece the pull up tab on the connector which splits the dash harness and the vehicle harness. On my van, the dash speaker wires come directly from one of those pins, which has 2 wires going into one pin. I'd take a photo but I now have the infinity so each speaker has it's own circuit but I know this is where it comes from because I found it when swapping the entire harness.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
2004 still had individually amplified speakers in the Infinity system. It changed in 2005. That is why I had to swap my old 2004 front door harness into my junkyard 2006 door to keep my speaker system intact. The plugs for it are in the door jamb, above the lower hinge. Easy to see by removing the inner fender splash shield at the rear of the wheelwell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts