The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolt that connects the power lift controls to the liftgate snapped in half. It is connected (like a ball and socket joint) to a rod about the size of a pen that is threaded on one end and screws into another rod. Does anyone know where I can find this part, went to the dealer and was told it would cost about $130. Sounds like they want to sell me the entire lift control unit, all I need is the bolt and rod…. Thx for the help..

·
1000 Post Club Member
2,509 Posts
I don't know where it broke, but if it broke in the middle of the thread, you might determine the pitch with a bolt of the proper size, then go down to Lowes and see if they have a coupling for "Thread ALL" that will allow you to screw the two broken pieces together. If that is not possible, you might try taking the unit out and having it welded, if it would not overheat the nylon socket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It Snapped off flush with where the screw goes into the liftgate. I had to drill the piece out, it's about 1/4 inch long. the bolt itself still has a few threads left on it which I was able to screw back into the liftgate, I'm just afraid it will strip out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If there are any 'Fastenal' or McMaster Carr locations near you they might have the right fastener or be able to get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts