The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

This is my first post here! I just bought a used 2005 Grand Caravan and so far I am loving it! I have noticed a few recalls for these vans listed online and I was wondering how I might find out if these have been fixed on my van? Is there an online way to check this somewhere?

Thanks very much

Mahones

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Hi All

This is my first post here! I just bought a used 2005 Grand Caravan and so far I am loving it! I have noticed a few recalls for these vans listed online and I was wondering how I might find out if these have been fixed on my van? Is there an online way to check this somewhere?

Thanks very much

Mahones
Your local dealer should be able to check your "VIN" and tell you what's been done to the van.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not all 2005 had recalls on them. I have a 2005 GC and the only one on this one was a possible pinched hose. Had it looked at when I got an oil change and they didn't show anything fixed. Going on 50 months and nothing done to it yet. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine whining

I've been noticing that when I first start driving with the van since I bought it, there is a loud whining noise coming from the engine for the first little while when it is still cold. It's there even when I am stopped and seems to get louder as the RPM's get higher. Once the engine is warm it seems to go away though. Is this normal?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't have it on mine. Might check the belt though. See if it's tight enough

·
Vendor
1,105 Posts
I've been noticing that when I first start driving with the van since I bought it, there is a loud whining noise coming from the engine for the first little while when it is still cold. It's there even when I am stopped and seems to get louder as the RPM's get higher. Once the engine is warm it seems to go away though. Is this normal?
may be the power steering resivoir.
Read THIS thread

·
Registered
517 Posts
One thing to watch out for is that the airbag sensors fail. If they do, you'll get a warning light on your dash. The dealer will fix this for free. It happened to both of mine on my '05. I live in an area with heavy road salt and this might be part of the cause.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
You may wish to update your "Signature" and share with us your vehicle make/model/year/miles/engine. Then, we can better decipher your noise. :ask_wsign

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
updated

How's this? :biggrin:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PS Fluid

The noise doesn't seem to get better or worse when I am turning, so I'm not sure if it's related to the power steering issue I keep reading about here; however, when I looked at the power steering fluid reservoir last night, i noticed the level is at or below the "Add line". Do you think it might be worth a try to use the turkey baster method to suck that fluid out and fill it back with ATF4?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The noise doesn't seem to get better or worse when I am turning, so I'm not sure if it's related to the power steering issue I keep reading about here; however, when I looked at the power steering fluid reservoir last night, i noticed the level is at or below the "Add line". Do you think it might be worth a try to use the turkey baster method to suck that fluid out and fill it back with ATF4?
It wouldn't hurt at all. Just make sure you bury the "turkey baster" afterwards, so the upcoming roast your wife makes, doesn't end up having a strange taste to it.
:lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Solid advice! he he

·
5000 Club
5,750 Posts
Looks good. One more request. Next time you post a new thread talk about only the issue in the subject line of the thread. In this case the subject of the thread is "recalls" but, now you're talking about a noise. You should have started a new thread talking about the noise. Why am I saying this? When folks browse through the forum for threads related to their problem, they look at the subject line. In your case, if they are looking for threads dealing with noises they'll never see your post about the noise because it is burried here in a thread with an unrelated subject line. It's all about making information easily available for everyone.
:beerchug:

Your location is already shown in the upper right corner of every post.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Point taken RIP, will do!

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts