The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
Vice grips and a block of wood to pry upward against is what I used. It's dry in there so some penetrating oil will help. Wiggle it a bit.
I believe I was replacing the spark plugs at the time so I would have taken the wiper tray out. Way more space.
A search on the Forum should provide other experiences.

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
Maybe just clean the PCV valve up and reuse. Does it still rattle when shaken? Find out. Not much in a PCV valve to go wrong. If plugged, look for another problem.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
I'm more afraid of cracking the plastic valve cover trying to pry it out. I bought a new PCV valve a long time ago, but never installed it. I bought an extra plastic valve cover at the junkyard in case I broke mine. I was having oil consumption issues at first, but driving the van made them go away so I never needed to swap the PCV out.

·
fix it if you can
5,757 Posts
It was years ago when I had to do it, it wasn't the valve but the rubber seal around it that was shrunk, hardened and letting oil blow by...
I had to stick a bolt/rod in the tube and use vise grips and lever them on a block of wood to yank it out, the hard rubber seal split and it came out (no damage to plastic.
Some have used heat from a heat gun to soften things up, YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts