The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Please, I don't want to be master of the obvious, but did you check the brake fluid level?

There is a sort of brake fluid level gauge and it should alert you with the red BRAKE light if the fluid goes low. [I think]
The ABS may also illuminate as it won't work properly is the fluid is empty either.

Beware getting out the parts cannon, it gets real expensive real fast. Diagnose and then replace parts, always.

*Search TPM or TIPM faults and repairs, watch YouTube videos [eric the car guy] had some good info aboout tthe TIPM (aka The Fuse Box) [sorry, I was speaking Canadian for a moment, didn't see your stars and bars]
*Flipping that thing over after releasing the tab and looking, wiggle wires, that is not what you should do.
All of the wiring starts and stops at that TIPM. Release the levers and pull those connectors off and look for blue/green corrosion OR burnt OR loose wiring. The connectors only go back on one way, try to NOT move them around, as they are organized in such a way that they fit back underneath. [Take pictures before for reference is always smart]
Many times just the operation of removing the connector and reinstalling it may 'refresh' the many electrical contacts in a connector.

You may have another wheel speed sensor gone bad. Diagnose and THEN replace. Maybe one of the new ones went bad. Mopar parts are pretty reliable, some of the Amazon wheel sensors may be questionable. I usually get what I paid for.

Please, I took a bit of time sharing my experience tonight. Please return and let us know what you end up finding or what you end up doing, even if you trade her in and buy a Tesla. Don't be ashamed if you make a mistake, tell us so the next guy doesn't make the same mistakes. So I don't continue to make the same recommendations...
Even if you end up taking it to a shop, tell us how they fixed it and what parts were required.

Good Luck, I look forward to hearing more about your red BRAKE and amber ABS lights being repaired.
Cheers!

Reactions: Mopar John and GS21

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Here may be something relevant for you John:

Too bad the OP didn't return and let us know how it all turned out.... lol

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Well Rusty, and whoever is following th...

It came with all wheel sensors signal N/A, and in addition, ECU internal failure, hydraulic pump circuit failure, valve power feed failure!
To start, I'd clear all the codes and then go for a drive to see what comes back. [hard fault]
Check for an ABS fuse and check that it is not blown.

Reactions: Mopar John
1 - 3 of 3 Posts