The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 2013 Chrysler T & C and a few more
18 Posts
I have two Innova Diagnostic Tools. The older Equus 3150's manual states it reads ABS Codes on a 2005 Dodge G Caravan. It definitely does not! I contacted Tech Support at Innova who said they were working on an update and would let me know. I'm still waiting after 5 years! It reads ABS codes on a Chev Impala ok.
My newer Innova is a 3100 j+ which does read the ABS codes on the 2005 GC. It was on sale at Canadian Tire at a give away price.
Bear in mind it will erase the ABS codes but the van will still detect an ABS malfunction and illuminate the amber warning light almost immediately if the fault is not rectified.

Rusty Oldford.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi M J, My winter beater's red brake and amber ABS warnings are remaining on even with erasing the codes. The ABS has been on for a long time on its own and the sensor codes were erasable but the amber light would come on after driving down the driveway. The red warning light is new since a month ago and I've checked the low brake fluid and parking brake switch circuits which leads me to believe the problem is with the CAB's electronics etc. Now that it's past winter, I will have time to investigate over the summer when I'm driving the T&C and Buick.
We have been fortunate in Ontario. Inspections and even licensing fees have been abolished allowing us to keep driving our old minivans. Does your inspection man actually scan the OBD or is it just a visual instrument cluster check for warning lights? My 2005 GC still looks good except for the flaking clearcoat......no dog leg rust holes thanks to annual chain saw oil protection every summer. The Buick is a 2007 and also rust free thanks to underoiling.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mopar Joe, Yours sounds even more sicker than mine. :mad: I only have two wonky Front ABS Sensor codes and the red brake warning on. Brakes feel normal otherwise. When I've time I intend to carefully flip over the "fuse and relay" box to inspect its underside for corroded wires. At the same time I'll look at various grounds. Late last year the passenger side front turn signal bulb was acting up and I found there was a bad ground on the bulb. Rather than troubleshoot in the cold I ran a new round wire from the bulb holder to a clean spot in the engine compartment. Bad grounds and wiring issues have haunted this van for years, otherwise she's great!
Good luck MJ, let us know if you find something simple...😁

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Mopar John, I do not have the ABS Pump codes, just codes for the 2 ABS Front Sensors. Perhaps my reader does not "see" pump codes. It's definitely not my parking brake or low brake fluid sensor with my van. No grounds are being applied on either of these circuits. I'm in no rush to fix her because we do not have inspections here and I've brought the T and C out of winter storage. Good luck with the pump. MJ.. Please keep us posted. Rusty

·
Registered
18 Posts
MJ. I have not got around to looking at mine yet...I've all summer to do that because we have other cars and the 2005 GC is my winter beater.
Oddly, last week during a heavy rainfall day, the red brake light went out but came back on the following day. This is our 2nd Dodge C Caravan to do this. Three years ago my son's did that when a front brake caliper stuck ...then went out when the caliper was released. It never did it again!
Rusty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MJ If I understand correctly, your "new" unit has only 2 bolts securing it to the mounting bracket instead of 3 like the instructions in the pdf?
I think the image shows 2 mounting locations for the bracket to the van, not the "new" unit to the to the bracket?
Perhaps there are various configurations.
Rusty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts