The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:

Long time no posts. I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

I've done some research on the no back lights on the panel on my 2006 minivan. The panel is discontinued and the lights are not solder type lights. They are blue and white and VERY SMALL. They twist into the green board.

Does anyone have a source they use BESIDES GOING TO A JUNK YARD AND SCROUNGING ANOTHER 2006 CHRYSLER MINIVAN WITH A MULTIMETER TO FIND IF THEY WORK OR EBAY, WHERE THEY DO NOT EXIST OR GEEKPARTS, to find these light bulbs?

Also, has anyone taken apart their dimmer on the side near the window? Mine is also no longer lighting up. It works, but it's BLACK AS NIGHT. No one has addressed this part anywhere.

Thanks,

LMM

·
Registered
2005 Town & Country 251k miles
162 Posts
Wood Flooring Floor Rectangle Hardwood

Got these from O'Reilly. Last time I opened the dash I changed All the bulbs cause its a PITA.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
...which panel? the instrument cluster?

those are just standard T10 twist bulbs

in things like the radio or climate controls, they're different and soldered in, the same is likely true for the light controls

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not the instrument panel it's the heating/cooling, radio, CD area. Just above where MY lighter is located. I watched a couple of videos and the bulbs are blue and white and are behind the center panel between the steering wheel and the passenger little pull dash. It has the seat heater, a/c control, heater, CD player slot, radio, and below it the DVD player and on the side the cigarette lighters. My DVD players still have the little lights and my seat heaters still light up, but the lights between do not light up unless they are on. I saw two videos of replacing 2006 lights and they are white based with blue lights and they twist off and are VERY SMALL. They go on a green "circuit board"? behind the wood grain panel in the center between the two seats on the dash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I watched this video:
2004 Chrysler Town & Country LX Center Console Light Fix by Ambledog
and
Accessory Light Bulb Replacement - AC/Heat-Caravan & Town and Country - Dodge/Chrysler 2001-2007 by Mc Fix It

Both on YouTube

They both described how to remove the panel. They both used bulbs from other vans of similar make and models and they both had the similar vans as mine.

I think I mentioned mine is 2006 Chrysler Minivan. It's a long wheel base and the center console is discontinued. I can't find the bulbs anywhere and when I asked about this a long time ago another person mentioned I could have a twist off, but suggested a soldering type. I poured over all of the posts here and found all of the LED lights and then I found the videos above and these are the same minivans I have, so I do not think I have the soldering type of bulbs, so I'm searching for the blue and white type for the 2006 minivans as I've seen in the videos. The panels look exactly as mine and the one video is for same year as my van. My van is 4th generation.

The dimmer, NO ONE HAS POSTED ABOUT. Mine looks a little different. I did see a cover that looks the same, but no one has a blown light from theirs. I must have a unique sort.

Any ideas for where to source for a twist blue and white 2006 light for these minivans?

Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bulbs were SO TINY that the video men had to use a metal dental pick or PIK to push it to unscrew it from behind to remove it from the green board. It seemed like it was only about a 1/4" long in the video. It was very small in the hand. There were four bulbs I think in total. They fit upside down and one side one of bulbs fit under a folded green board that clicked apart which was held by a thick elastic piece. It's difficult to explain.

·
Registered
2005 Town & Country 251k miles
162 Posts
CEC Industries #7382 Bulbs, 14 V, 1.12 W, G4 Base, T-1.75 Shape (Box of 10)

I believe these are the correct bulbs for the "green board" which is part of the HVAC control. The old bulbs need to be gently separated from the white plastic base by unwinding the wires. The white plastic base is reused with a new bulb. The blue part is removable and can also be transferred to the new bulbs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CEC Industries #7382 Bulbs, 14 V, 1.12 W, G4 Base, T-1.75 Shape (Box of 10)

I believe these are the correct bulbs for the "green board" which is part of the HVAC control.

The blue part is removable and can be transferred to the new bulbs.
Thank you!!!! YIPPEE!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts