The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have been trying to figure out this 2007 dodge caravan braun entervan conversion that has no power to the climate control in the console. It has both blower motor functions but unable to change temp,mode selection, rear wiper or rear defroster. A older friend started to change the alternator but was unable to finish and had it towed to shop(he cant remember if he diconnected the battery) they finished changing the alternator and also changed the egr. Upon completion my friend drove it and found that the climate control was in operational. She brought it to me cause she was told that the climate control module was bad. She bought the part and i installed it, but still didnt work. I stated to diagnosing it and checked schematics amd found the power came from the body control module and after checking no power was coming out of the bcm. Changed out BCM with one from a junkyard to send the BCM Out to be rebuilt and that didnt change it and module came back from Cardone as unrepairable. Spoke with friend and she said that the abs light was not on before it went to the shop and i hooked up my scan tool and i am not getting communication with either the climate control module or the abs module.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

I have been trying to figure out this 2007 dodge caravan braun entervan conversion that has no power to the climate control in the console. It has both blower motor functions but unable to change temp,mode selection, rear wiper or rear defroster. A older friend started to change the alternator but was unable to finish and had it towed to shop(he cant remember if he diconnected the battery) they finished changing the alternator and also changed the egr. Upon completion my friend drove it and found that the climate control was in operational. She brought it to me cause she was told that the climate control module was bad. She bought the part and i installed it, but still didnt work. I stated to diagnosing it and checked schematics amd found the power came from the body control module and after checking no power was coming out of the bcm. Changed out BCM with one from a junkyard to send the BCM Out to be rebuilt and that didnt change it and module came back from Cardone as unrepairable. Spoke with friend and she said that the abs light was not on before it went to the shop and i hooked up my scan tool and i am not getting communication with either the climate control module or the abs module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts