The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I managed to strip the damn nut trying to get it off, so I'm gonna got to the hardware store to buy new ones. Is there an exact size available...??

Gotta put the tire back on so I won't really have the old one to compare it to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I managed to strip the damn nut trying to get it off, so I'm gonna got to the hardware store to buy new ones. Is there an exact size available...??

Gotta put the tire back on so I won't really have the old one to compare it to.

Thanks.
Guessing this is the right bolt..??

·
Registered
2017 DGC SXT
374 Posts
That size sounds about right. I replaced the shock bolts on my 08 TC with M12 x 1.75 x 70mm. 80mm length should work as well. I used 80mm length for one of the bolts since that’s all the store had. Make sure to get metric grade 10.9 or sae grade 8. Nothing less.

I went to an auto parts store. They had to special order the bolts, none in stock at their store. I bought 4 bolts, 8 washers, and 4 nuts. Total was less than $20 USD.

These sizes were for an 08 van. Not sure if 07 is the same. Couldn’t find a bolt for the shocks on the mopar website for your 07 (which is what I used to find out the size for my 08).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That size sounds about right. I replaced the shock bolts on my 08 TC with M12 x 1.75 x 70mm. 80mm length should work as well. I used 80mm length for one of the bolts since that’s all the store had. Make sure to get metric grade 10.9 or sae grade 8. Nothing less.

I went to an auto parts store. They had to special order the bolts, none in stock at their store. I bought 4 bolts, 8 washers, and 4 nuts. Total was less than $20 USD.
Alas, our auto parts stores are freaking clueless about these bolts, not a one even had a listing.(Montreal, Canada)

·
Registered
2017 DGC SXT
374 Posts
When I was on the parts stores website, I couldn’t find the hardware I was looking for either. Maybe give the place a call and see if they can look it up in their system. Otherwise you may have to go to the store physically and tell them the size you’re looking for.

The store near me took a few days to get the hardware from a couple different stores in surrounding areas.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,572 Posts
Length will depend if you had standard skinny or Nivomat fat shocks. Nivomats use a longer bolt at each end.

Reactions: Rickkins99

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Reactions: Rickkins99
1 - 12 of 12 Posts