The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a jam while using the power liftgate from fob, lifted the gate the rest of the way manually. Everything seemed okay after jam, but a few days later:
First the power liftgate remote opener failed--stopped working from fob or pushbutton above dash. The door locking motor and unlatch switch above license plate still worked. A week later those quit working, now have to use the key to open the liftgate.
All wiring looks good. Fuse #32 is fine. Power is getting to Power Liftgate Module. No power found at any connectors in liftgate except for open door lamp.
Could this be a bad Power Liftgate Module? Any way to check for other solutions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Knoxbox. Looks like an issue with the power liftgate module. Sounds like you've done some delving into the problem already!.... (I had a similar problem with the power seats) a battery disconnect sorted that out ( I think I just pulled the resettable fuse for a while), I know its a bit of an old fashioned fix but sometimes it does the trick! Actually, the Chrysler workshop manual diagnostic and testing for the power liftgate, suggests doing just that to reset the module..... (Sorry if you've tried already and it didn't work)........Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried resetting

Thanks, I have tried resetting because just prior to the liftgate problem, the squirts stopped working. I have since learned that the pump was bad so it was not an electrical problem. If I had another T&C available I'd measure voltage on all the connectors in the liftgate, but alas no T&C nearby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts