The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My ABS light has been coming on intermittently the last 3 week.
After a stop, or after driving for a while it goes off.
The humidity has been VERY high during this time, as in 100% all night and not getting below 90% during the day.
I am wondering if the humidity is causing the problem and if cleaning the wiring connectors would solve the problem.
Has anybody had a similar problem? AND is there a posting somewhere showing where the connectors would be?
I looked under the hood at what I think is the ABS module but saw no connectors.
Thanks for any ideas.
Clyde

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
clyder,

I tried searching for a TSB that could be related to what you're experiencing, but unfortunately I was unable to find one. I also tried looking up any potential TSBs for symptoms related to humidity and there is nothing tied to the ABS light coming on. Aside from the humidity, have you noticed any specific conditions when this occurs?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes work fine. Nothing else out of the ordinary.
Thanks for your efforts.
Do you know where I can find information about wiring connection locations and maybe a how to clean them properly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply, but I'm not in a position to drop a couple hundred dollars on a service manual.

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info! Great site and it is great of them to share this info.
Also interesting how all that ties together for the ABS. Very impressive operational engineering. Until reading up on ABS I didn't realize what it did, particularly the traction control.
However, these are schematics only. Do not show the actual location of the connectors.
Guess I will have to get the car up in the air and crawl around underneath.
Thanks again,
Clyde

·
Registered
150 Posts
Try pulling the IOD fuse and waiting 10 or so minutes and then put it back. I don't know why, but it worked for me. All is normal again.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I had the same problem,and found there was corrosion in the IPM abs connector. Cleaned it,and problem never came back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Follow up.
Three weeks later, humidity is not outrageous continuously as it was, although still high, but that is pretty much normal here.
ABS light has not come on at all.
Still would like to locate the electrical connectors and clean them as a future problem preventer.
Thanks again for all the responses.
Clyde

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Follow up.
Three weeks later, humidity is not outrageous continuously as it was, although still high, but that is pretty much normal here.
ABS light has not come on at all.
Still would like to locate the electrical connectors and clean them as a future problem preventer.
Thanks again for all the responses.
Clyde
Since you have related the problem to humidity that says it is probably corrosion underneath the fuse box or at a connector somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts