The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have 07 T&C 3.8L. it was parked for a few weeks battery went dead. I don't drive it much as it's soul purpose is to transport resuce great danes. Bought a new battery. Went to start it. No crank. I took jumper wire to starter relay and cranked over. Determined the starter was good as well as a wiring from fuse box to starter. No spark and no fuel pump. I rented a snapon edge plugged in and It read Run/Start Hardware Input Failure. Will not read ecm. Picks up every other on board computer i believe. Went and picked up ecm from local salvage yard. Installed it. Still the same. No crank/no start, no fuel pump and I get Run/Start Hardware Input Failure. I guess my question is, I located a fcm on the front of fuse box. What is it's purpose or functions and any advice to get this van back up and running would be greatly appreciated im lost at this point. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Welcome.
You seem to be on the hunt and have the scent...
What I would do is locate the PCM in the left front fender and simply unplug the connection (s), inspect them for corrosion, damage... and then plug them back in and see what happens. If you have electronic contact cleaner, a blast of that in the connector wouldn't hurt either.

Another thing I might try would be to disconnect a battery terminal and short them together. This drains off the remnant charge from the computers and does a reboot of sorts (will also clear MIL codes)

Please let us know how it goes and how you fix your minivan. It is your feedback that makes this the very best place on the planet to maintain your Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, and DeSoto Minivans...
Cheers and great luck!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Driver side wheel well (forward) behind plastic inner fender.

Dogs love trucks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome.
You seem to be on the hunt and have the scent...
What I would do is locate the PCM in the left front fender and simply unplug the connection (s), inspect them for corrosion, damage... and then plug them back in and see what happens. If you have electronic contact cleaner, a blast of that in the connector wouldn't hurt either.

Another thing I might try would be to disconnect a battery terminal and short them together. This drains off the remnant charge from the computers and does a reboot of sorts (will also clear MIL codes)

Please let us know how it goes and how you fix your minivan. It is your feedback that makes this the very best place on the planet to maintain your Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, and DeSoto Minivans...
Cheers and great luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have already removed the pcm. No corrosion. I changed it out with a known good one. Same issue. I purchased a wiring diagram and it is showing key switch to fcm to pcm to starter relay to starter. When find the answer I will post it. It's looking like it might be the fcm located on the front of fuse box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Driver side wheel well (forward) behind plastic inner fender.

Dogs love trucks!
Di
I have already removed the pcm. No corrosion. I changed it out with a known good one. Same issue. I purchased a wiring diagram and it is showing key switch to fcm to pcm to starter relay to starter. When find the answer I will post it. It's looking like it might be the fcm located on the front of fuse box.
Ok the problem was the fcm located on the front of fuse box. Installed used one from salvage yard and reinstalled old pcm due to security system and it runs like a champ.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Good job, and thank you for the solution.
When you provide the answer and/or confirmation, that is when these forums really become a helpful archive.

Myself, I would try the old FCM just for proof that it was a defect malfunction FCM and not just the mere act of 'refreshing' the connector contacts.
If you have been sitting at the gate at airport and they are having avionic problems.... the first thing they try is to disconnect reconnect all the associated 'boxes'. 90% of the time that does it.

Cheers!
Again, welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts