The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn the key on nothing happens. The dash lights and radio do come on tho. Checked battery and cleaned terminals and also replaced the Starter. It's not engaging the Starter at all. What else could be wrong?

·
Registered
35 Posts
When i turn the key on nothing happens. The dash lights and radio do come on tho. Checked battery and cleaned terminals and also replaced the Starter. It's not engaging the Starter at all. What else could be wrong?
Hmm, so you've replaced the starter, and since all the lights and radio come on when you turn the key but doesn't crank could indicate a bad connection between the battery and the starter itself, (hopefully) I would firstly check the connector on the starter, make sure it's plugged in properly, then I would visually inspect the wires going to and from the starter. Check to see if any of those wires have been damaged in any way.
Otherwise, I found a self diagnostics page that can help you try some things and pinpoint what the issue might be:
Why a car won't start - troubleshooting tips (it's not specifically Chrysler but worth a try)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,224 Posts
Try to start it in neutral, if it does it, then your neutral switch is bad.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, so you've replaced the starter, and since all the lights and radio come on when you turn the key but doesn't crank could indicate a bad connection between the battery and the starter itself, (hopefully) I would firstly check the connector on the starter, make sure it's plugged in properly, then I would visually inspect the wires going to and from the starter. Check to see if any of those wires have been damaged in any way.
Otherwise, I found a self diagnostics page that can help you try some things and pinpoint what the issue might be:
Why a car won't start - troubleshooting tips (it's not specifically Chrysler but worth a try)
Thank you. I'm going crawl back under it and triple check everything again. I'm slightly concerned that one of them might not be tight enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try to start it in neutral, if it does it, then your neutral switch is bad.)
Ok. I'll give that a try. I didn't try starting it in neutral but did take it in and out of gear. I'm concerned my TIPM is bad again. It's doing very similar things that it did before that got replaced about a year ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts