The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this concept on myride.com. It was featured at the 2008 Detroit Auto Show. The 2008 Dodge Caravan R/T. Some says its dumb but I think it is GREAT. I would definately buy and drive one of these, not to mention any Chrysler Minivan/Product. This is surely the sweetest minivan I've ever seen. Functioning hood scoop, R/T badging, sport-tuned suspension and more....what more could you ask for on your already awesome minivan?
Take a Grand Caravan, add R/T styling elements and this is what you get. It’s bright red, has a front spoiler, functional hood scoop, 20-inch SRT wheels, rear spoiler, and dark gray seats with red stitching and perforated suede inserts. There’s also a reworked intake system, modified engine control unit and a sport-tuned exhaust. All of that hung off the 4.0-liter V-6. But, no, it doesn’t have a Hemi. But it does have swivel seats and the little table....increase the horsepower to 260 and the torque to 265 lb.-ft
:ThumbsUp:
What do you guys think about it?

ps. I did see the other thread about this, but it was dated back to january and I was so excited about it I reposted. :headbange:beerchug:

http://www.myride.com/auto_shows/2008autoshow-3620-page1.html

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
hehe the Hood scoop on the Chrysler would turn a few heads.... Hunh??

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe the Hood scoop on the Chrysler would turn a few heads.... Hunh??
I think so. I know my head will turn around in circles if I ever see one driving down the street. :nut: I hope they go in to production.

·
PT Driver
2,679 Posts
Yep, really wish they would of put forced induction or really tuned up the engine, but its just a minorly tuned up 4.0l V6 under the hood, I don't think even the dual exhaust is true duals.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That van just screams SOCCER DAD, doesn't it?

·
I DON'T live in an Igloo!
947 Posts
AWD would be a must

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
It's certainly a unique van. I'm afraid that the likelihood of its production is about as promising as us getting a model with a stick shift, but it's nice to dream. They put together a really coherent sporty-looking model there.

·
PT Driver
2,679 Posts
It's certainly a unique van. I'm afraid that the likelihood of its production is about as promising as us getting a model with a stick shift, but it's nice to dream. They put together a really coherent sporty-looking model there.
nah thats what the mid gen update will look like
:lol:

really I wish they would offer the option still of a stick shift, I heard that they might bring the floor shifter over though (like on the Euro models). But I just heard this, not sure if there is any truth to it.

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
I heard that they might bring the floor shifter over though (like on the Euro models). But I just heard this, not sure if there is any truth to it.
I wonder what's to be gained by that. I wouldn't want it. If I wanted a large vehicle with a floor shifter, I'd just go get an Acadia or something. The great part about the minivan is the walk-through-ability. Why stick a floor shifter down there if you're still controlling an automatic transmission? Keep the shifter on the column or dash, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Jason I agree with you on the shifter as far as I am concerned just put a dam push buttom selector on the dash and call it good....

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That van just screams SOCCER DAD, doesn't it?
yes it does. imagine the sound of a supercharger(i wish) when you hit the gas of that 4.0....would be amazing. I bet the dual exhaust sounds great on it....that reminds me. I'm dying to have a 2004 Chrysler 300M Special.

·
PT Driver
2,679 Posts
Jason I agree with you on the shifter as far as I am concerned just put a dam push buttom selector on the dash and call it good....
Yes that would be awesome if they came out with that again (they came out with the shifter on the dash again so why not Push buttons?)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'd buy one, but not in red. That's a little too over the top for a minivan.

·
AMC Nut stuck in a Dodge
1,224 Posts
Well it's a minivan.Doing this is just like lowering a 4x4 truck!!!!!

I've seen other people driving overly customized vans and all I noticed was people pointing and laughing at it:nut:

·
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I say let those little punks in their honda's laugh. Let's see their v-tec 1.6L keep up with this 4.0L beast.:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Anyone want to "after-market" hoods .... ?
:lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yes that would be awesome if they came out with that again (they came out with the shifter on the dash again so why not Push buttons?)
Probably won't happen. The Feds effectively outlawed the push button feature when they mandated the standard shift quadrant, many, many years ago. Now maybe if they made it so to select "reverse" you have to enter a six digit code on a keypad, place one foot on the service brake, the other foot on the parking brake, place one hand on the wheel and push a button on the back of the passenger seat...........................

I loved the pushbutton shifter! Learned to drive in one, had it in three different race cars, and drove a number of other cars with it. But it was decided that it was too easy to accidentally punch reverse. Those old enough to remember the "sixties" will remember most Chrysler product drivers cruising around in reverse all day, failing to realize that they pushed the wrong button! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Anyone know what the function of the "functional" hood scoop is?

·
I DON'T live in an Igloo!
947 Posts
Anyone know what the function of the "functional" hood scoop is?
Probably acts like a "ram air" type of thing. Forcing more air into the engine and thus getting a little bit more juice out of it. Not quite a super charger, but same basic principle (minus the rotor).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts