The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Questions

Tags
3.3 engine
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zukabaker 
#1 ·
Hello All

I currently have a 2008 TC Touring edition that I love. It replaced my 2004 Sonata that was totaled.
The question that I have is that I am looking at getting a 2008 Dodge to use for deliveries in my bakery and I see that a lot of them have the 3.3L engine. Most of them have over 100000 miles so I am concerned about the motor and tranny. Anything specific that I am looking for? How about the flex fuel version are they reliable?

Any opinions on this would be great!

Thanks
Evan

#2 ·
The 3.3 is a proven reliable engine, no complaints there. The 3.3 is capable of going 200,000 miles no problem.

AFIk, the 5th gen 3.3 got the 41TES tranny, not much different than the 41TE from the previous gen and were pretty solid when the 4th gens came around. So you shouldn't have much worries there, just make sure you do a through inspection of things and make sure the engine works properly and the tranny shifts properly and the tranny fluid isn't burnt or something like that.

Your 2008 T&C Touring has the 3.8 or 4.0? If 3.8 then it's not much of a different engine than the 3.3.

#3 · (Edited)
If you are going to get a vehicle with that many miles then make sure you change the transmision fluid and filter right away unless they can prove it was just done. The 3.3 is a good engine but don't expect head snapping acceleration in a vehicle that big, it was just adequate in our 2007 SWB van. The flex fuel version is mostly computer programming on how to handle 85% ethanol blends, personal opinion, don't waste your time running E85.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.