The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have the 2 original key fobs that both work I have tried to program a new fob but I never get it in programing mode I have watched you tube videos etc but still no luck is there something else I’m missing have the owners manual also followed directions to the t any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
737 Posts
Unfortunately, these vans had a recall for the keys and the key module, replaced for a newer one that is not programmable. All 2008-2012 vans were affected, newer ones may have as well.

The only way to program these keys now is a locksmith or a dealer. Appcar FCA also has a page to program keys once you buy the program, but I have not successfully programmed a key, I tried a bunch of times.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got one to program it started but after the next day it would not start again now I can not get back in to program it again

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (4.0L)
24 Posts
I had to go through a locksmith to get new keyfobs. From what I recall the typical ones you can pick up from Amazon weren't working. The locksmith had a supplier that had correct versions. It wasn't as costly as the dealership, I think maybe $70 - $100 or so for the keys and programming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts